Monday 12 March 2012

Solo Charity trip round Scotland

4 weeks to go and I set off on my Solo trip round Scotland.

This has been a dream of mine since school when I read of Nigel Dennis and Paul Caffin kayaking round the UK in 1980. That planted the seed of an Idea that has growen into the trip today. I will be setting off on 8th April from East Tarbet of the Mull of Galloway to paddle Scotland to finnish at Eyemouth sometime later.

I am funding the trip myself so all the money raised will go to the thee charity's so please visit my fundraising page and make a donation.

the charitys are:

The Erbs Palsy Group

The Chidrens Hand Surgery Education Fund

The Brachial Plexus Injury Service

4 comments:

  1. Good luck, sounds like you'll have an amazing adventure ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Taran. yes this is a trip I have wanted to do since I was young. Cant wait to dip my paddle for the first stroke of the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your thinking, why paddle around the whole UK when you can just paddle around the best bit. Good luck on your voyage I'm sure it will be an adventure worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its all down to time and money. I would love to paddle the whole UK coast but I would not have a job to come back to. I am funding this trip myself so thats the other restriction.

    ReplyDelete