Friday 15 March 2013

Inverness


Leaving Inverness I Passed under the Kessock Bridge. The water here was very choppy. Found a bit of a race running here so no pictures taken. I was looking out for the Dolphins here but never seen any. The water was very choppy making sighting anything in the water next to impossible.


Fort George. This was impressive as I passed, making a mental note to come back as a visitor and go in an have a look around. There is a large sandbank between Fort George and Whiteness Head. On this sandbank there was a large group of seals, I would guess aound 200 seals which all crashed into the sea and came to say hello. Very scary. They are pretty big when up close. I knew I was an intruder in thier water so quickly got out of there way.


After passing the danger area around Fort George I landed at Whiteness Head with an increasing head wind I was glad to get off the water.


The wind was very strong and it was bitterly cold so I made a little wind break for my camp fire that night. The beach was littered with all kinds of floatsam. So much Plastic is washed up on our shore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment