Friday 15 August 2014

Inverness to Noss Head

Started from Rosemarkie on Saturday the 2nd of August with the intention of paddling from Inverness to Oban. Arrived in Rosemarkie with the intention of camping overnight and starting paddling on the Sunday but the forecast for Sunday was not great. The weather was not too bad on the Saturday so I decided to start my trip there and then. I unloaded the kayak and packed her up and waved my brother goodbye and set off in a good swell and a stiff breeze.
 
looking back to Tarbat Ness

Landed a few hours later just north of Cromarty Bay. There are not many places to land along this coast so be prepared for a committed paddle. The coast here is beautiful.




Every paddle I go on I take a bottle of whisky with me and toast my Mother and Father every beach I land on to say thanks for everything. Soppy I know but without their support I would never have seen such beauty.


End of day one 


Looking south back to Cromarty. 



Day two was a fantastic day with a very hot sun. I stopped off here at Balintore and met George the owner of the pub The Comm. George refilled my water bottles and gave me a dram and we sat and chatted for awhile. The generosity that you meet on a trip like this is truly fantastic. I recommend a visit to The Comm in Balintore and say hi to George for me.


The Comm pub in Balintore.


No comments:

Post a Comment